Thanks for visiting the home of the fifth Accessibility Camp Bay Area. The event will be hosted by LinkedIn (222 2nd St, San Francisco 94105) on Saturday, March 9, 2019. Please plan to arrive at 9:00 AM to check in. Camp will start promptly at 9:30 AM and will wrap-up by 4:30 PM. With fifteen talks to choose from, the goal of the day is to provide an open, informal space for conversation and networking around digital access and inclusion.
To get a feel for the types of sessions this year's camp may have, take a look at last year's list of talks.
Focusing on users with different disabilities, sessions can cover digital accessibility topics from the web (technical to tactical), desktop software, mobile apps, eLearning, online gaming, open source innovations, and everything in between.
Regardless of your level of knowledge, this event is for you. It will be a great opportunity for members of the design/development, usability, accessibility, other IT and end-users with disabilities communities to interact and learn from each other. We recommend you browse the Frequently Asked Questions, especially if you have never attended a participant-driven BarCamp/unconference before.
Please follow event updates on Twitter via @A11yCampBay.
About Accessibility Camps
Accessibility Camp Bay Area takes its inspiration from the first Accessibility Camp DC, which was held in October 2009. Sister events include:
- Accessibility Camp Toronto
- Accessibility Camp Los Angeles
- Boston Accessibility Conference
- Accessibility Camp Guelph
- Accessibility Camp Seattle
- Accessibility Camp Tokyo
Learn more about the Accessibility Camp Movement
- Would you like to present on a digital accessibility topic?
- Interested in stepping up as an event sponsor (e.g., to help pay for disability-related accommodations, the event after-party)?
- Have a general question about the event?
- Want to be updated by e-mail as the event takes shape?
Email the event organizer, Jennison Asuncion at a11ycampbay (at)gmail(dot)com.
You can also follow event updates on Twitter via @a11ycampbay.